Help & IdeasWe are enormously grateful that you’re taking the time and trouble to fundraise for us. The money you raise will help in so many incredible ways. Here are some helpful hints to make your event as straightforward and enjoyable as possible!
- Get one of our fundraising packs, which we can email or post to you, with posters, stickers, and many more useful resources for your event, to get everything in the one place!
- If you feel you won’t need a pack, please get in touch with the Trust in another way. This will let us know your fundraising plans, so that we can send our thanks and support, and we’ll share your donations page on our social media too!
- Set a date, give family and friends good notice if you’d want them to come along to support you!
- Stuck for ideas on how you could fundraise? Check out our Fundraising Ideas below for some inspiration, or check out what our other fundraisers have been up to here!
- Set up a fundraising page on BT MyDonate, linked to the JMA Trust here. This is an easy way for you to share your story and encourage others to donate!
- You can also put your MyDonate link in your email signature, encouraging colleagues and others to find out more.
- Set yourself a fundraising target, it’s great to have a clear aim that you’re setting out to achieve.
- Use social media to advertise your event, updating friends and family on your progress and encouraging people to attend or sponsor you!
- Be prepared – make a to-do checklist to help organise everything you’ll need, or set useful reminders on your phone through your calendar.
- Speak to local papers to get the word out even further.
- Take lots of photos leading up to and on the day of your event.
- Tag JMA Facebook, Instagram and twitter, so that we can share everything that’s going on, and create a buzz around your fundraising efforts!
- Tell people why you’re doing this for the JMA – personal stories get great response, and you can further news and awareness of the Trust and our work.
- It’s great to let people know what their sponsorship will do, either by referring them to our website or social media, to see the great causes your funds will go towards helping.
- Write your own blog! If your event is involving lots of challenges, training, travelling or thinking time, you could set up your own WordPress or Blogger platform, and share your story with JMA’s support behind you!
- Read our Blog for encouragement. You’ll find stories and news about many of the fundraising events that have taken place, and many of the people the JMA has helped, through our fundraiser’s generosity and kindness. These stories will keep you going, when the going gets tough!
- If you have any questions, check the FAQs page to see if the information you’re looking for is provided there. If not, don’t hesitate to contact the team!
The John Maurice Aitken Trust is registered in Scotland as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation with charity number SC045343.