Completing the Application Form
The application form is your chance to tell us about yourself and how an award from the Trust would make a difference to your life. Please try and answer each question as openly and honestly as you can.
- If filling out the form by hand to post, please complete in black ink.
- Where possible, please do not exceed the word limit.
- If you are providing any supporting documentation, please remember to upload in correct section (Q.9.), before submitting your application.
- If a section does not apply to you, please mark ‘not applicable’ (n/a).
- Please observe word limits. However, if you run out of space in any section, continue your answer on a separate sheet of paper.
- If you are providing any supporting documentation, please use copies rather than originals.
- If you choose to complete the Application Form online, there is an option to “Save Progress.” This will enable you to fill out the form in stages, at your own pace. If you find any issues with this part of the process, don’t hesitate to contact us, and we’ll do our best to resolve the issue.
1.Applicant contact details. Please provide up-to-date contact details. If you are applying on behalf of someone else, please let us know.
2. Have you received an award from the JMA Trust before? Please inform us if you have received funds from the JMA Trust before. This will not automatically preclude your application this time.
3. Please enter the purpose(s) your application relates to. Remember, your application must demonstrate relevance to at least one of the Trust’s charitable purposes. In sections 4, 5 and 6, you should try to highlight how your application relates to the purpose(s) you have selected.
4. Tell us why you are applying to the JMA Trust and the specific need or disadvantage you intend to address. (max 250 words) Please tell us about your personal circumstances. Help us to understand why you are eligible to receive an award from the JMA Trust.
5. Tell us how you plan to address the identified need and how a grant from the JMA Trust will support this course of action. (max 250 words) In this section, we are looking for specific details on how you would use an award from the Trust.
6. If you receive a grant from the JMA Trust, tell us what outcomes you hope to achieve and how you will know progress is being made. (max 250 words) Think about how an award would impact on your life. What kind of outcomes would you hope to achieve with the assistance of the Trust?
7. Please provide a breakdown of the costs of your funding request. (Include VAT where it applies.) Please give as much detail as possible on the costs the award would be used to meet. Where appropriate, the Trust may request receipts as a condition of the award.
8. Additional funding a) What is the total cost of the project/action? If the amounted requested from the Trust does not meet the full cost of the proposed action/project, please tell us the total cost. b) How will you meet the additional costs of the project/action, e.g. with existing funds, in-kind contribution or an award from another funding body? Please provide details. Let us know how you will meet the total cost of the project/action. If you are applying to other funding bodies, for example, please give us details on their name(s), the amount requested and when you will receive a decision. In such cases, we may request proof of other sources of funding before granting an award.
9. Are you providing supporting documentation with your application? You may wish to include a supporting letter from a third-party who knows you in a formal capacity, e.g. social worker, college tutor, healthcare worker or sports coach. Please provide details of the documentation, such as your relationship to the person supporting your application.
10. How did you hear about the JMA Trust? Please tell us how you became aware of the Trust. This will help us to enhance our own communications and outreach.
11. Are you willing to complete an end of award report? In order to improve our work and tell our supporters all about the difference they are making, we would like feedback on the impact of our awards. We will provide a template for the report and would request its completion around 6 months after the award has been made.
12. Declaration. Please read over the application and ensure all the information you have provided is accurate.
The John Maurice Aitken Trust is registered in Scotland as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation with charity number SC045343.